Transmutation of Sexual Energy in Theory and Practice
This is an expanded version of the Sex Magick section in the chapter Simplicity of Magick. It is discussing from a primarily male perspective, methods that allow you to have sex/masturbate without spilling the seed and without getting epididymal hypertension scientifically known as blue balls 😉 Don't worry ladies, we also have some practices you can do here: PDF book of female practices
In a realm of extreme dualism that has polarities of, over-indulgence or abstinence, repression or hyper-sexuality/expression, celibacy or promiscuity, etc, we examine practices that allow you, if strong of body, mind, and will, to find balance by taking complete control over your sex organs and mental energy.
To begin, is the Sex Magick section of Logoi Book, this gives a brief overview of the varying interpretations, practices, theories, and thought processes about sex magick. Followed by step-by-step practices/ simple methods to help you transmute the energy, while finally giving a brief description of the different schools of practices and methods.
Sexual essence, or "ching," is a powerful, vital energy that is generated continuously within the human body. Sexual drive propels the course of man's evolution biologically by transmitting the genetic lineage. Emotionally it harmonizes the love between man and woman, and spiritually provides a tangible link between the "ordinary" creative powers of man and the eternal creative process of the cosmos. Refining one's awareness of sexual energy—with or without a partner—is one of the simplest ways of humans to return to pure consciousness and experience the deepest rhythms of life.”~Taoist Secrets of Love
Sex is extremely powerful and arguably the most important aspect of human nature. Sex can either liberate or enslave. There are few a different types of interpretations and practices of using sex for magic. One is the ascetic or reserved type of practice and then a libertine outlook. Both revolve around the theory that sex or sexual stimulation creates a large amount of physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual energy between the participant(s). This energy and the sexual fluids from both male and female, can be used for multiple purposes depending on intention.
“Sex and magic are intertwined experiences—sex is one kind of magic (and can be made more magical without being concerned with sex-magic at any point), and magic can be, while erotic and arousing, not necessarily sexual in the way that is often understood. There is a commonly-held belief that those who practice sex-magic are indulging themselves in wild orgiastic rites at every opportunity. This is rarely the case.”- Phil Hine
“It’s time we saw sex as the truly sacred art that it is. A deep meditation, a holy communion and a dance with the force of creation.” ~ Marcus Allen
Ascetic versions use self-discipline and willpower as a driving factor. Focusing on the importance of complete control over all of your bodily and mental systems, they say that the sexual fluids hold physical nutrients/cell salts for instance, ‘Each sperm cell contains 23 chromosomes, prostaglandins, ions, enzymes, amino acids and trace elements - essential parts of human life.’ Additionally the fluids hold great energetic, electric, and magnetic power that can be transmuted in the body for multiple physical, mental, and spiritual benefits. Many ascetic beliefs hold that sex should only be used for procreation not pleasure, others believe sex with a partner is fine but men should spill none of their seed. Some ascetic practices include Karezza, Tao Chi, Prana Shakti, Ankhing, Kundalini,Tantra, Internal Alchemy, Coitus reservatus, and celibacy sometimes for certain times or for extended periods.
“Sex is, directly or indirectly, the most powerful weapon in the armory of the Magician; and precisely because there is no moral guide, it is indescribably dangerous. I have given a great many hints, especially in Magick , and The Book of Thoth”- Aleister Crowley
Other more libertine versions of sex magick use the fluids and excretions that cum* from sex/sexual activity. Considering these fluids literally make/ bring life into this realm, it would be hypothetically logical that these fluids hold great power and if known how to use, could be manipulated. One use is to charge sigils/ intention by staring at them or visualizing, while having sex/ masturbating, while delaying orgasm (for male) as long as possible. The goal is to reach a trance/ altered state during sex while staring at the sigil/ visualizing the intention. The orgasm then supposedly connects much of the brain and body at that time allowing the subconscious to better receive the sigil, making it become part of the collective. This energy is strengthened when it is done with multiple people in orgies if they all have the same intention. Another use is through consumption of sexual fluids with the belief that it can help with vitality among other things. Certain magical groups (some OTO sects for example) are said to use these practices. Another theory is that other dimensional beings are created from/feed off sexual energy as well, popular in the incubus/succubus stories. They say once invoked they need the energy from human fluids to sustain themselves.
“The body can become a vehicle to that which is beyond body, and sex energy can become a spiritual force.” ~ Osho
Of course there is a middle ground to both ascetic and libertine views and you can combine them as you see fit. Whatever the method you choose, recognize the power of sex and the energy it creates. As it has been said SEX is an acronym for Sacred Energy eXchange. Some practices that hold the sacredness of this energy are Kama Sutra, Taoist methods, and Neotantra; which can be used by partners to make a stronger relationship and better sex life. For example:
“Taoists accept sexual love as natural and healthy, but know the momentary pleasure of genital orgasm with ejaculation is superficial compared to the profound ecstasy possible when love is enjoyed without the loss of the powerful male seed…Transformation of sex energy is the second principle of cultivation. During sexual arousal, the "ching" or sexual essence stored in the testicles expands rapidly and causes some energy to naturally rise to higher centers in the heart, brain, glands, and nervous system. This upward movement is cut short by ejaculation outward, so most men never become aware of the full power of their sexuality. The Taoist method perfects this upward transformation of sex energy by opening subtle channels from the genitals up the spine to the head and back down the spine to the navel. The expanding sexual energy is channeled into this "microcosmic orbit" so it flows past all the major vital organs and harmonizes the etheric energy complexes in the body, called "Tan Tiens" by theTaoists (or "chakras" by the Hindus)”~Michael Winn
“Tantra says, accept whatsoever you are. You are a great mystery of many multidimensional energies. Accept it, and move with every energy with deep sensitivity, with awareness, with love, with understanding.” ~ Osho
No matter your use of sex, whether for physical pleasure, projection of intention or spiritual development, do not feel shame or guilt. Of course do not harm others in any way (physical, mental or emotional) and remember one person’s empowerment could be another person’s exploitation or vice versa. Respect others choices as long as they are bringing no harm to others.
Next Parts are from the book: Taoist Secrets of Love (Male) by Mantak Chia:
THE BASIS FOR ALCHEMICAL SEX:
“Though they may appear elementary, the exercises (listed below), are highly refined techniques for increasing vital power. They represent the essential Taoist breathing technique. They are like sharp swords which must be used with care to perform their functions without harming oneself. If you follow my instructions closely, you will not suffer any distressing side-effects. Study the methods with seriousness; assimilate every line of the text. Persist until you have succeeded. These methods are received from many Taoist masters. The breathing exercises in this chapter, for example, synthesize the teaching of four Masters. Each believed his Method the supreme secret and had notable results with his breathing technique alone. Nothing will come of nothing. You must spend time in practice to reap the benefits. An ounce of practice is worth a ton of theory. Modern life affords little time for anything but getting and spending. You must be willing to surrender a part of time to speedily advance. The practice must become part of your daily routine. You will make some progress if you do the exercise more often than not. But if you practice as regularly as jumping from bed in the morning, progress will be swift, and chi will begin to build in your upper body which you should collect at your navel. To make full use of the ching gathered at the navel requires study of the Taoist methods of meditation. Slightly below the navel is the lower "tan tien" center, the lower field of energy in the body within which the Taoists store chi before refining it back upward. The chi moves in circles between the lower, middle, and upper tan tiens, and each time it spirals past it is refined into higher quality of chi. The process of refinement and balancing of the energy is taught in the Microcosmic Orbit, the Fusion of Five Elements, and the Lesser Enlightenment of Kan and Li courses. It's not unlike taking crude honey mixed with wax and dirt and dead bees and methodically refining it into the sweetest of nectars. The Taoists treat sperm like raw honey. The Power Lock is the step of preventing the raw honey from leaking out of an old bucket and storing it an a new and well-sealed jar. This jar was placed at the level of the navel about two-thirds the way back towards the spine, and was called by the ancient masters the "cauldron". In this cauldron they mixed and cooked the different 96 Taoist Secrets Of Love chi energies of the body in a process they called "alchemy"—the precursor of modern chemistry. The secret alchemical agent they used was nothing more than ordinary sexual "essence", your ching. But without it, none of the higher levels of alchemical meditation work. So these simple Sexual Kung Fu exercises—Testicle Breathing, Scrotal Compression, and Power Lock—may seem simple and too rudimentary to effect spiritual development, but their proper mastery is essential before you can move on to loving a woman with full command of your sexual and spiritual powers. Your sexual essence is an elixir of life and the fountain of your youth, and is worth training vigorously to safeguard. Scrotal Compression, and Power Lock—may seem simple and too rudimentary to affect spiritual development, but their proper mastery is essential before you can move on to loving a woman with full command of your sexual and spiritual powers. Your sexual essence is an elixir of life and the fountain of your youth, and is worth training vigorously to safeguard.”
- Sit at the edge of a chair with your spine straight, head slightly tilted, with your tongue lightly touching the roof of your mouth. Close your eyes.
- Fold your hands, palms up, in your lap- left over right for men, right over left for women. Breathe deeply from your belly. Observe the breath; let the thoughts drift away. Keep as still as possible.
- Envision in your mind’s eye a golden ball of light, like a miniature sun, hovering just above your head. Feel its warmth radiating down on you.
- Now envision a smaller ball of light slowly descending down from this “sun”. Prepare yourself to take a long, deep inhalation.
- As you breathe in, envision this ball of light, descending into your skull, illuminating the energy center in the front of your head.
- Continue the in-breath, and envision the ball of light moving down the front of your body and illuminating your heart center.
- Continue breathing in, and envision the ball of light moving further down the front part of your body and illuminating the energy center just below your navel, aka the Tan Tien.
- Envision the ball of light moving down to your perineum- the middle bottom portion of your torso between the buttocks and genitalia. Let the ball rest there for a moment while you put your attention in physically holding this light in that area.
- Exhale, envisioning the ball of light slowly moving up the spine in a similar fashion to the way it moved down until it returns to the “sun” above the head it came from.
- Repeat this process as many times as you are comfortable- the more repetitions, the more you will feel the circulation of energy.
SAFETY POINTS FOR TESTICLE BREATHING, SCROTAL COMPRESSION, AND POWER LOCK
- Never lie flat on the back during these exercises. The power may stick in the chest, causing considerable irritability and undue pressure on the heart.
- Never lie on the left side when practicing. This also stresses the heart and overfills it with energy.
- Never place any objects under your side while in the lying position. This will bend the channel of energy and may cause back pain. If any of the problems mentioned in points 1 to 3 arise, release the energy safely by using the "Venting Exercise". Any pains or discomfort should disappear within one week of beginning to vent.
- Practice on an empty stomach whenever possible. In any event, always wait one hour after eating.
- Wear clothes or wrap yourself in a light blanket during this practice. You will perspire if the exercises are done properly and will suffer a chill if not covered. After practice change your clothes so that you are removed from the moisture of the fabric. There should be a gentle flow of clean air in the room. Avoid any drafts or wind. Wind tends to blow the chi power away. It might cause your energy to get cold easily.
- Sweat should accumulate on the brow after five scrotal compressions. As you advance, beads of sweat should stand on your brow after three compressions. Rub this sweat into the skin: it has desirable properties which should be returned to the body.
- Don't breathe through the mouth during these exercises. It is easier to control the flow of air when breathing through the nose. Inhalation through the nose charges the air with energy and invigorates the brain.
- Do not be concerned if you feel little effect during the first days of practice. Students need varying amounts of time before heat flows from the testicles.
- You must develop intense concentration. Keep the mind from wandering. Allow thoughts and images to leave without following them. Empty the vessel-of-the-mind of thoughts: powerful energy will stream into the void. Your power of concentration will develop greatly if you persist in this discipline. Learn the Microcosmic Orbit Meditation and do it immediately after practicing the Power Lock.
- During practice close the eyes and follow the energy's path. The mind should not stray to thoughts or fantasies but strictly track the course of the power. This may sound very difficult. You will be amazed at how quickly you can become sensitive to your own energy. When you experience these energies within yourself, you will know exactly what we mean. Since the energy flows along natural courses, it guides your mind even as your mind guides the power.
- Those who suffer from constipation should practice in the morning, the regular hour of bowel movement. These exercises will help greatly to remedy the problem.
- For the method to be effective, you must not ejaculate for 30 days. After ejaculatory orgasm, the body must begin anew to accumulate enough chi pressure in the testes. If you have not learned to hold in the seed during intercourse, refrain from sex during this 30 day period. In this manner you will experience the full power of the method.
Of course, I am not opposed to your desire to have sex. I merely inform you that your progress will be retarded if you ejaculate. Begin learning now to sacrifice ejaculatory pleasure for greater pleasures to come. When you have accomplished these scrotal exercises with proficiency, you may more quickly master
SUMMARY OF TESTICLE BREATHING
1.Choose your preferred position. Standing is well-suited to this form. Relax the whole body and concentrate on the testes. 2. Think the testes to rise in the scrotum as you inhale. Let them sink slowly as you exhale. Practice 36 to 108 breaths. 3. Relax: do not use muscular force. Keep the tongue on the palate, and feel the cool yin energy of the sexual fluids rise up your spine.
SUMMARY OF SCROTAL COMPRESSION:
1.Choose your preferred position. 2. Breathe in very slowly through the nose, concentrating on the throat. Compress the air in the throat until you can inhale no further. 3. Swallow strongly to the solar plexus and hold the air there as if it were a ball. 4. Press the ball of air down to the navel region. 5. From the navel press the ball of air down to the pelvic region. 6. Press the ball strongly and continuously into the scrotum until you can hold your breath no longer. At the end of your breath capacity swallow the saliva strongly. 7. Rest by taking quick, shallow breaths through the nose. 8. Relax by rotating the waist several times. 9. Start with 5 repetitions and increase slowly to 36 at a sitting. 10. Keep the tongue up to the palate.
POWER LOCK EXERCISE: STEP BY STEP
- Sitting position is the same as in Testicle Breathing(can do standing)—feet flat on the floor, wear loose pants or naked from the waist down. Stimulate your penis to erection. Center your attention on your sexual organs and the expanding energy in the penis and scrotum.
- Inhale deeply through your nose when near orgasm. Simultaneously clench both fists, claw your feet down, make them feel like vacuum pumps sucking at the floor. At the same time clench your jaw, tighten the cranial pump at the back of your neck and press your tongue firmly to the roof of your mouth. Inhale once more and draw up the entire genital-anus region, concentrating on the Hui-Yin (perineum), urogenital diaphragm, and especially the penis. Pull the energy from the penis to the perineum by squeezing as tightly as possible. Holding your breath, slowly count to 9 with all muscles fully flexed. When you are out of breath, exhale and release all muscles in the body. You may feel energy rush up and down, especially in the sexual region. After exercising for a week or two, you may actually begin to feel the muscle contraction pull your penis up and in. The anus will feel like it's closed super-tight. Unless indicated otherwise, all breathing is to be done through the nose. Nasal breathing affords better control of the air inhaled. It filters and warms the air and supplies life-force of well balanced quality. The whole body must relax on the exhale. Allow all tension to flow out of you as if you were in meditation. Inhale, clench, and pull up repeatedly on your sexual region, holding the energy at the perineum. The retention at the perineum is very important. If you release your attention the hot energy will drop down to the sexual organs or leak out to the penis. If you release the energy it will drop down and you'll have to start again. Do this for at least one week.
- Start with arousing the penis. Clench fists, feet, neck, and jaw, on the inhale. Draw up the entire genital organs, diaphragm, anus, and especially the penis, pull the hot energy up the perineum and continue to draw it up to your coccyx. A little up from the bottom tip of your spine. Feel it enter the hiatus opening in the sacrum. Activate your sacral pump by arching your lower back outward in order to straighten the spine. This makes it easier for the chi to rise. Hold the energy at the sacrum section, keep on inhaling and pulling, inhaling and pulling in the sexual energy from the sexual organs until you can feel the erection calm down. Sometimes it may need 3-9 inhalations with increasingly hard contraction. Squeezing the buttocks more tightly may help you force the ching into the sacrum. When you're out of breath, exhale. Then relax and let your sacrum and neck go back to their normal positions, this will help activate the two pumps. If you practiced the Testicle Breathing (or already opened your microcosmic orbit), when you do the Power Lock it will be much easier to get the hot sexual ching to enter the sacrum. Otherwise this area is usually a little difficult to work through because sperm chi energy is denser than other types of chi and has to be pumped up. That's where the sacral pump comes in. Some people experience pain, tingling, or "pins and needles" pain. When the hot sexual energy enters the hiatus, don't be upset if it happens to you. You can help the ching get past the coccyx if you're having trouble with it by gently massaging the area with a silk cloth from time to time.
- If you to go up to through your sacrum, spend the next week drawing the energy to T-ll on the spine, opposite your solar plexus. Repeat the same procedure—arousing, clenching , and inhaling. Pump up the energy up to the perineum, sacrum, then to the T-ll (spine), where you should retain it until it feels full of energy. It's really open when you feel the ching itself. Again, because sperm energy is denser than chi, you have to accommodate to it by bowing your spine outward to straighten it to increase the pumping action and allow for a freer passage of ching chi upward.
- Your next stopping place is at your jade pillow. This is at the back of your head, between C-l and the base of the skull. Do it in the same manner as described—keep drawing up the energy up to the perineum, sacrum, T-ll, and the base of the skull. The cranial pump may fill with energy and pound furiously when the energy first moves through.
- The next stopping point for the energy is the Pai Hui, at the crown of your head. Repeat the same process of arousing and deflating your erection by drawing the energy up. Make sure you tuck in your chin slightly and squeeze in the skull to further activate the upper cranial pump and keep the upper spine straight. Keep on pulling the energy to the top of your head until you get the erection to subside. When the energy finally goes up into your head, you'll have the very distinct feeling of warmth and tingling sensations from the energy. The usual immediate response is that it feels good and amazingly refreshing. Some people claim they can think more clearly and are more creative; it's possible they are at a stage where they can easily convert the ching chi into expanded consciousness automatically. This sperm energy is later converted into the original chi, the pure life-force, in the spiritual levels of TaoistYoga. When we get older we have used up so much of our brain energy that the fluids gradually begin to dry up, and leave a cavity in our head. The Power Lock helps to transport the sexual energy to fill the cavity; instead of storing it in the scrotum it is stored in the higher regions of the body/mind that can take immediate benefit from it. Taoists regard the sexual energy as a creative energy that can be transformed to any part of our vital organs, glands, or brain. Practice the Power Lock until you can pull up the sexual energy from the penis to the head in one pipe. In the beginning you can just go from one station to another. Later the back channel (governor channel) will feel more open. Eventually you will be able to put your mind in the testicles and at the crown of the head and just bring the sexual energy from the testicles all the way up to the brain. Take time to really feel the sexual energy when you practice. Don't rush it, and always keep those pumps going after the exercise as you breath in and out. Gradually use more mind than physical pull when you do all this. Let the energy feeling be your guide.
- When you feel the energy has filled the brain, concentrate on the mid-eyebrow and bring it down through the nose and the palate and 90 Taoist Secrets Of Love down from the tongue to the throat center, heart center, solar plexus, and then down into the navel. This circulation is aided by the internal pressures created during the Power Lock. You press the lower trunk energy into and up the spine. At the same time, you press the energy in the upper body downward and hold the contraction as long as you can. When you exhale completely relax the whole body. The natural direction of the chi is to continue in a circle up the back of your body and down the front to the navel. Continue cycling the sexual energy in this way until your erection subsides. In the beginning, and especially if your very aroused sexually, it may take 3 to 9 such cycles to accomplish. But after you've practiced for awhile, one such round is enough.
- Perform 36 complete contractions in the morning and at night. Once you've got the hang of it, for the normal man 36 repetitions, morning and night, should not be unduly strenuous. If you are very aroused you will do fewer repetitions as each erection will take longer to subside. With such intensity of training, you will easily develop the muscle tone needed for effective seminal retention within a month or two. How quickly you progress is not important; what is essential is that you progress steadily. Rock bottom minimum should be one round per day just to keep the habit. If you happen to see a pretty woman or photograph that arouses you during the day, you can instantly perform the Power Lock and draw the energy up. Make sure your boss is not watching as he may think you're having a seizure. The preferred times for these exercises are from eleven P.M. until one A.M. or 11 A.M. until one P.M. During these periods the tide of Yin Energy changes to Yang, and vice versa. The sun begins to rise around midnight and starts to set around noon. At these times the power flows very well. If you cannot practice during these hours, don't be discouraged: you will definitely advance so long as you exercise daily.
- A final refinement to remember is that the lower contraction is not centered in the stomach or abdominal region. We concentrate on the front of the under trunk—the penis, perineum, and urogenital diaphragm. Our goal is to so train these muscles that they immovably dam up the seminal river. Then we will reverse the river's flow and flood the body with restorative energy. Directing power from the upper and lower trunk toward the center of the body pours energy into the navel region. Since the seminal fluid (like the blood) tends to follow the chi energy, the navel, in effect, grips the seminal fluid and pulls it up into the body through the spine. So contract the urogenital diaphragm as if you were holding in a bladderful of urine. Lock the passage so tightly that no internal urge can burst through the sealing rings of muscle.
Women can also practice Vajroli mudra. It is called the practice of Sahajoli. For men, the initial practice involves contraction of the urogenital muscles around the base of the penis. But for women, it is the vaginal walls and the uterine muscles that has to be contracted. Contract the muscles inwards and upwards and then release.
- Take your attention to the base of the penis, to the area surrounding the pubic bone. Pull the muscles at the root of the penis, which is around the urethral sphincter upwards, towards the navel. Hold for a second or so. Then release it. This is one round. During the upward motion, the muscles near the pubic bone as well the urinary tract are pulled inwards and upwards. You can feel the movement. The feeling is similar to when you try to hold back the urge to urinate. Start with 20 rounds of practice and go up to 108 rounds in one sitting. Let your breathing be normal during the entire practice.
- In the second practice, take your attention to the base of the penis as before. Now try to do clockwise rotations of the muscles around the root of the penis. Then, do as many anti-clockwise rotations. You may practice up to 108 rounds of rotation each way.
This stage is similar to stage 1. Except that these two practices are done with Bahya Kumbhaka or external retention of breath.
- Sit in any comfortable posture. Exhale fully. Do Uddiyana Bandha or the abdominal lock by pulling in the abdominal muscles inwards and upwards towards the spine. Then do Jalandhara Bandha or the chin lock to facilitate the external retention of breath. Hold the breath outside during the entire practice. Concentrate on the muscles around the root of the penis, near the urethral sphincter. Pull those muscles up, hold for a second or so and then gently release them, just like you did in Stage 1. Do as many rounds as you are comfortable. When you are exhausted, release the abdominal and chin locks and breathe normally.
- In the second practice, take your attention to the base of the penis as before. Exhale fully. Perform Uddiyana Bandha and Jalandhara Bandha. Now try to do clockwise rotations of the muscles around the base of the penis just as in Stage 1. Start with 10 rounds of rotation. Then do as many anti-clockwise rotations. Do according to your capacity. Your capacity to hold the breath will determine the number of rotations. Do not over strain. When exhausted release the two locks and breathe normally.
This practice is done in a particular asana or pose, which looks similar to the Boat pose or Naukasana. To assume the pose, lie down in Shavasana. Breathe normally and relax. Lift your two legs up at an angle to the floor, keeping the legs straight. Now, raise your trunk above the ground, so that your body forms a V-shape above the floor. You will notice that this pose will put lot of pressure on the abdominal muscles. You can place both the palms on the floor for support. Breathe normally in this position and relax.
Now, perform the practices in Stage 1, in this position. You notice that moving the muscles around the root of penis will be much more difficult than in Stage 1.
- The first practice is similar to Stage 1. Pull the urogenital muscles at the base of penis upwards. Then hold for a second or so and then release it. Do as many rounds as you are comfortable. When exhausted, come back to lying position and start again.
- In the second practice, do the clockwise and anti-clockwise rotations of the muscles around the base of the penis, just as in Stage 1. This will require some practice. Start with 10 rounds of rotation. Increase the number of rounds according to your capacity. Do not over strain. When exhausted come back to lying position and relax.
Egyptian Tantra: Ankhing via heart chakra Instructions
1: Find your way to orgasm (however you choose to get here is up to you)
2: As you’re about to climax, do not allow yourself to completely get to the peak of the climax
3: Softly take a deep breath, and focus on your sexual energy rise from your genitalia/sacral chakra
4: With your intention, guide this sexual energy up to your heart chakra
5: Once your sexual energy reaches your heart chakra, use your intention to send this energy at 90 degree turn out of the back of your heart chakra (out of your back)
6: Guide this energy to curve up over your head and back to your heart chakra (into your chest) - this should bring the energy full circle from heart chakra, back to heart chakra, and will move in a hoop/circle motion.
7: When this energy hits the heart chakra, the sexual energy will send you through the heights of climax. It will reverberate back through your body.
8: Afterwards, softly exhale. Enjoy yourself!
- The moment you feel the sexual energy about to rise up your spine, take a very deep breath, filling your lungs about 9/10th full, then hold your breath.
- Allow the sexual energy of the orgasm to come up your spine. But at the moment it reaches the fifth chakra (located just a couple of finger-widths above the sternum), with your willpower you must turn the flow of sexual energy 90 degrees out the back of the body. It will then automatically continue inside the ankh It will slowly turn until it passes exactly through the eighth (or thirteenth) chakra, one hand-length above the head at 90 degrees to the vertical. It will then continue to curve around until it returns to the fifth chakra, where it began, only this time in the front of the body.Even if you don't understand what was just said, it will happen automatically if you get it started out the back of the body at the fifth chakra, and it will automatically come back around to the front of the body and reconnect at the fifth chakra. You just have to make it turn 90 degrees so that it begins.
- It will often slow down as it approaches its point of origin, the fifth chakra. If you can see the energy, it comes to a sharp point. When it approaches the fifth chakra from the front of the body, there is sometimes a tremendous jolt as it reconnects with this chakra again. All this takes place while you are holding your first breath.
- The instant the sexual energy reconnects with its source, the fifth chakra, take in the full breath. You had filled your lungs only 9/10th full, so now you fill your lungs as completely as you can.
- Now exhale very, very slowly. The sexual energy will continue on around the ankhchannel as long as you are exhaling. When you reach the bottom of this breath, you will continue to breathe very deeply, but a change happens here.
- It is here that, if you know the Lightbody work of the Mer-Ka-Ba, you would begin to breathe from the two poles using Mer-Ka-Ba breathing. But if you are like most people and don't know this work, then continue to breathe deeply until you feel the relaxation begin to spread throughout your body. Then relax your breath to your normal rate. Feel every cell becoming rejuvenated by this life-force energy. Let this energy reach down into the deepest physical levels of your body structure even past the cellular level. Feel how this beautiful energy surrounds your very being and brings health to your body, mind and heart.
- Once the relaxation begins, slow your breath down to a normal shallow breathing.
- If possible, allow yourself to completely relax or even sleep for a while afterward.
EXTERNAL LOCKING: THE THREE FINGERS METHOD
Three Fingers Method of seminal retention has been practiced in China for more than five thousand years. It is so easy and simple that anyone can learn it quickly and with considerable effectiveness. The method seals in the vital fluid from the outside with fingertip pressure. It requires slightly more coordination than stepping on a garden hose to stop the flow of water.
The Three Fingers Method involves essentially this: Several seconds before the moment of ejaculation, press the mid-point between the anus and the scrotum with the three longest fingers of the right hand. This seals in the fluids and much energy.
- Locate The Point: Apply the pressure at the mid-point between the anus and scrotum. This point, which lies at the very bottom of the trunk, is a "door" through which energy enters and leaves the body.
- Apply pressure: Apply pressure neither too hard or too light. The proper amount of force must be found with experience. Generally speaking, the stronger the finger tips, the less pressure needs to be applied to halt the fluid.
- Use Three Fingers: The passage through which the semen travels tends to slide away from one's fingers. Two fingers cannot hold the tube and block it at the same time. We use the second and fourth fingers to press both sides of the urethra and anchor it in place. Then the middle finger presses directly on the urethra itself, which doesn't slip away because it is pinned on both sides by the other two fingers. The fingers should be curved slightly. The middle finger is a little more bowed than the other two in order to provide a solid, even wall through which the fluid cannot pass.
- Timing: As soon as you feel the inevitability of ejaculation, apply the fingers for External Locking. If you wait too long, no force can stop the flow. When you know that ejaculation is imminent, apply the fingers. The locking should be applied before, during and after the contractions. Lock until you are certain that the pumping has ceased completely. The net result of locking in the semen is that much fluid flows back to the reservoirs from which it came. There is no harm whatever done to the bodily organs, for the tissues in this region are highly elastic and accept the fluid which returns when you reverse the flow..
TIMING AND SAFETY POINTS Don't overdo it at first. For the first few weeks, use this powerful practice no more than once every two or three days.
Tantra Methods with partner:
How to synchronize your breath
Your breath is central to any Tantric practice. Breathing allows you to free your mind, connect with your body, and feel every sensation more fully. When you practice any of these techniques, remember to always sit up straight and in a comfortable position.
The stimulating breath
This technique can help raise energy and increase awareness.
To do this: Close your eyes and soften your belly. Inhale and exhale quickly through your nose, keeping your mouth closed. Try three in-and-out breaths per second for 15 seconds. Breathe normally after the cycle ends, then try again for 20 seconds, increasing by five seconds until you reach one full minute.
The 4-7-8 breath
This technique can help you release tension and relax your body. You can try this technique while sitting across from your partner, synchronizing your breath.
To do this: Exhale through your mouth, then close your mouth. Inhale quietly through your nose to a mental count of four. Hold your breath for a count of seven. Exhale through your mouth completely to a count of eight. Repeat the cycle three more times for a total of four breaths.
The counting breath
This is another form of meditation that allows you to clear your mind, find your center, and connect to your body.
To do this: Close your eyes and take a few deep breaths. Let your breath flow naturally. Inhale, then count “one” to yourself as you exhale. On the next exhale, count “two.” Work your way up to “five.” Repeat the cycle, starting at “one” and ending on “five.” Don’t go past “five,” otherwise your mind and attention will begin to wander. Try counting your breath for 10 minutes.
How to get into position
Any position can be a tantric position, as tantra is about connection and not specific movements. But as you begin your journey into tantric principles, you may want to start with some of the basics.
Yab-yum or lotus
Have your partner sit cross-legged. Sit on your partner’s upper thighs and cross your ankles behind their back. Breathe in sync and stare into each other’s eyes.
Hand on heart
Sit cross-legged, facing your partner. Place your right hand on their heart. Have them place their right hand on yours. Close your eyes, and tune into their heart’s physical rhythm. Then, focus on the emotion and energy. Let the connection build between your partner’s heart and your hand, and vice versa.
The relaxed arch
Have your partner sit upright on the bed or floor with their legs straight. Sit on your knees on partner’s lap. When comfortable, begin to arch your back slowly. Rest your head between your partner’s legs, then grab hold of their ankles or feet.
Additional brief descriptions of various practices/benefits
“The Kama Sutra (/ˈkɑːmə ˈsuːtrə/; Sanskrit: कामसूत्र, pronunciation (help·info), Kāmasūtra) is an ancient Indian Sanskrit text on sexuality, eroticism and emotional fulfillment in life. Attributed to Vātsyāyana, the Kama Sutra is neither exclusively nor predominantly a sex manual on sex positions, but written as a guide to the "art-of-living" well, the nature of love, finding a life partner, maintaining one's love life, and other aspects pertaining to pleasure-oriented faculties of human life.” -Wiki
“For males, the Ching is used to produce semen and the energy is stored in the scrotum. When faced with instinctual attraction from a female, the sperm begin to become excited. Their collective rapid movement produces a profound amount of energy. The organs who have utilized the Ching now have their own unique Chi signature that is felt throughout the body. The Chi is experienced in the body as our emotions. Becoming aware of their presence will help move the energy effectively throughout the body.”
If the energy gets trapped, it will cause negative emotions and may lead to illness:
- Heart: Impatience and Hastiness
- Kidney: Fear
- Liver: Anger
- Spleen: Worry
- Lungs: Sadness and Grief
Karreza/ Coitus reservatus (coitus, "sexual intercourse, union" + reservatus, "reserved, saved"), also known as sexual continence, is a form of sexual intercourse in which the penetrative partner does not attempt to ejaculate within the receptive partner, but instead attempts to remain at the plateau phase of intercourse for as long as possible, avoiding the seminal emission.
Alice Stockham coined the term karezza, derived from the Italian word "carezza" meaning "caress", to describe coitus reservatus, but the idea was already in practice at the Oneida Community. Alan Watts believed, in error, that karezza was a Persian word. The concept of karezza is loosely akin to maithuna in Hindu Tantra and Sahaja in Hindu Yoga.
Control of ejaculation is a key aspect of Taoist sexual practices (known as "cai Yin pu Yang" and "cai Yang pu Yin")
Navatantra, Neotantra or Tantric sex:
”In contemporary times, the most common misunderstanding is the distinction between tantra and tantric sex. The etymology of the word tantra means ‘the weaving and expansion of energy’ but contrary to popular belief, tantra itself does not involve sex at all. It is instead a sensory experience that aims to reconcile both the masculine and feminine energy systems and can be achieved through meditation and breathing technique. Its origins have been traced in the traditional texts of Hinduism, Buddhism and other Asian beliefs where sexual exploration has often been forbidden, particularly for women.
Tantric sex is when these principals are applied in the bedroom. During such circumstances the aim becomes is to cultivate a more intimate connection between partners and, as such, a woven union with the Divine. The practice is not ‘goal-orientated’, but rather a form of worship seeking to keep its participants present throughout. While tantric bliss and achieving the big O may happen to occur concurrently, they are certainly not the same achievement.” http://www.balidispatch.com/tantra-tantric-sex-and-neotantra-a-beginners-guide-and-where-to-find-it-in-bali/
“These have become the contemporary and western version of Tantra. It is usually related with novel religious movements. This variation entails both the modern Western and New Age elucidations of the traditional Buddhist and Hindu Tantra. Many of the proponents of the tantric sex refer to the traditional and ancient principles and texts of tantra and some others utilize Tantra as a general phrase for what is popularly referred to as sacred sexuality. There are many tantra practitioners who incorporate this unorthodox tradition into their practice. It is essential to mention that not every of the component of Indian tantric traditions and practices are utilized in neo-tantra, specifically, the dependence on a guru.
With the growth in the interest surrounding Tantra in the West, the perception of the practice has deviated significantly from the original Tantric traditions. Tantra was perceived as something like an ecstasy cult which combines spirituality and sexuality to alter the western attitudes to sex. As a result of this, a lot of contemporary readers of Tantra now see it as being synonymous with sacred sexuality or spiritual sex. This is based on the ideology that sex should be seen as a consecrated act that has the ability to elevate the participants to the higher plane of spirituality.
Among the practitioners of this approach to Tantra is John George Woodroffe, whose pseudonym was Arthur Avalon. Woodroffe was a British Orientalist who has developed works that have helped the West let loose a strong and deep interest in the Yogic practices and Hindu philosophy. He studied Hindu and Sanskrit philosophy and dedicated ample time in Hindu Tantra. Woodroffe has to his credit, the translation of some twenty Sanskrit texts which he translated from their original forms and published. He was a prolific lecturer on a wide range of Tantra and Yoga topics, as well as Indian philosophy.
There is also Pierre Bernard who was a leading American yogi, occultist, mystic, scholar, philosopher, and a businessman. He asserted that he had traveled to Bengal and Kashmir before he founded Tantrik Order of America in the year 1905. He later extended to a wide chain of tantric clinics in locations like Philadelphia, Cleveland, New York City, and Chicago. Pierrie Bernard is famous for being the first American to initiate the practices and philosophy of Tantra and yoga to the Americans.
There is also Guru Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh, who was later referred to as Osho. He combined his variation of Tantra with bio-energy, massage, breathing techniques, and yoga among practitioners in his ashram. Osho is the author of various books on Buddhism, Taoism, mysticism, and meditation. He has more than six books on Tantra. His students have continued to develop on his theories.” https://www.sammakaruna.org/neotantra-navatantra-tantric-sex/
No Fap Movement:
“NoFap is a website and community forum that serves as a support group for those who wish to avoid pornography and masturbation. Its name comes from the slang term fap, referring to male masturbation.”
Conveniently I wrote this near the end of 'No Nut November', better to start late than never, and if participating use the practices above. No Fap seems to be directed to people that suffer from Porn Addiction or perceived other mental weaknesses relating to sexual health. I will not elaborate much on this because there are many forums that have plenty of information that I will link. They offer, from a modern and mostly non-secular point of view, many people’s personal stories and ways they have overcome their perceived addictions or just wanted to test their mental strength/ will. Keep in mind, that while excessive hyper-sexual behaviors can lead to ‘negative’ consequences so can repressions and celibacy. Everything must be balanced and only you can define and create that balance, think for yourself.
Egyptian Tantra/ Ankhing:
Technique that involves willing the sexual energy outwards/backwards from the heart chakra during orgasm and then reabsorbing it when it supposedly circles around, creating an ankh/ torus shape in your energy field.
“It is for this reason that the Hindu and Tibetan Tantra systems ask the male to avoid ejaculating. Instead, they speak of these tiny invisible tubes where, when a student learns to control the orgasm and the flow of their sexual energy, the sperm migrates up to the higher centers.
Both of these systems, and also the Chinese Taoist Tantra system, are all primarily concerned with the sexual energy flow, sometimes referred to as ''sexual currents.'' They are primarily concerned with what happens as the sexual energy is moved before the orgasm, but they all have entirely different views of this energy compared to the Egyptians.
The Egyptians believed that orgasm is healthy and necessary, including the release of sperm in males, but that the sexual energy currents must be controlled in a deeply esoteric procedure that is unlike any other system. They believed that if this energy is controlled, the human orgasm becomes a source of infinite pranic energy that is not lost. They believe that the entire Mer-Ka-Ba or lightbody (the field of energy surrounding and interpenetrating the body) benefits from this sexual release. They even believe that under the right conditions the orgasm will directly lead to eternal life, and that the ankh is the key.
What is the ankh, and what has the ankh to do with sexual energy? It is complicated to explain, but we will simplify. First the ankh itself is a shape that looks like the figure at right.
In order to see and understand what took thousands of years for the Egyptians to grasp, we will begin with the fifth, Universal Heart Chakra. This lower heart chakra, the chakra of Unconditional Universal Love, is the first place where the energy completes itself. Each chakra has a ''direction'' associated with it, as the life-force energy rotates its way up the body in a pattern similar to the DNA molecule. In the lower heart chakra, the fifth place of a thirteen chakra system, the energy is facing the same direction as it began, and thus the circle is complete.” http://www.spiritofmaat.com/archive/apr1/ankhing.htm
CLAUSTRUM OIL, THE OIL OF CHRIST:
The fluid, oil, or marrow which flows down the spinal cord, comes from the upper brain, the Creator or Father, the "Most High,” and is known in physiology as ovum, or generative seed that life essence which creates the human form of corruptible flesh. In the Greek, from which the New Testament was translated, this marrow is called Christ, which is the Greek word for oil. When this oil is refined, transmuted, lifted up, raised, it becomes so highly vitalized that it regenerates the body and “overcomes” the last enemy, death. Primitive Christians, the Essenes, fully realized and taught the great truth that Christ was a substance, an oil or ointment contained especially in the Spinal Cord, consequently in all parts of the body, as every nerve in the body is directly or indirectly connected with the wonderful “River that flows out of Eden (the upper brain) to water the garden.” The early Christians knew that the Scriptures, whether written in ancient Hebrew or the Greek, were allegories, parables or fables based on the human body, “fearfully and wonderfully made.” These adepts knew that the secretion (gray matter creative) which issues (secretes), from the cerebrum, was the source and cause of the physical expression called man; and they knew that the “River of Jordan” was symbolized in the spinal cord and that the “Dead Sea” was used to symbolize the Sacred Plexus at the base of the spinal column where the Jordan (spinal cord) ends, typifying the entrance of Jordan into the Dead Sea. The thick, oily and salty substance composing the Sacral Plexus, “Cauda Equina” (tail of the horse), may be likened unto crude Petroleum (Petra, mineral, or salt, and oleum Latin for oil) and the thinner substance, oil or ointment in the spinal cord, may be compared with coal oil ; and when this oil is carried up and crosses the Ida and Pingala (two fluid nerves that end in a cross in medulla oblongata where it contacts the cerebellum (Golgotha the place of the skull) this fluid is refined, as coal oil is refined, to produce gasoline a higher rate of motion that causes the ascension of the airship. When the oil (ointment) is crucified (to crucify means to increase in power a thousand fold not to kill) it remains two days and a half, (the moon’s period in a sign) in the tomb (cerebellum) and on the third day ascends to the Pineal Gland that connects the cerebellum with the Optic Thalmus, the Central Eye in the Throne of God that is the chamber overtopped by the hollow (hallowed) caused by the curve of the cerebrum (the “Most High” of the body) which is the “Temple of the Living God” the living, vital substance which is a precipitation of the “Breath of Life” breathed into man therefore, the “Holy (whole) Ghost” or breath. The Pineal Gland is the “Pinnacle of the Temple.” The modus operandi by which the oil of the spinal cord reaches the Pineal Gland is described in what follows. “There is no name under Heaven whereby ye may be saved except Jesus Christed and then crucified” (correct rendering of the Greek text). Every twenty-nine and one-half days, when the moon is in the sign of the zodiac that the sun was in at the birth of the native, there is a seed, or Psycho Physical germ born in the, or out of, the Solar Plexus (the Manger) and this seed is taken up by the nerves or branches of the Pneumo gastric nerve, and becomes the “Fruit of the Tree of Life,” or the “Tree of good and evil” viz.: good, if saved and “cast upon the waters” (circulation) to reach the Pineal Gland; and evil, if eaten or consumed in sexual expression on the physical plane, or by alcoholic drinks, or gluttony that causes ferment acid and even alcohol in intestinal tract thus “No drunkard can inherit the Kingdom of Heaven” for acids and alcohol cut, or chemically split, the oil that unites with the mineral salts in the body and thus produces the monthly seed. On either side of the Thalamus, in the head, is a gland, known in physiology as the Pineal, on the posterior, and the Pituitary on the anterior side of the Thalamus. The Pineal is cone shaped, and secretes a yellow or golden fluid. The Pituitary Body, opposite it, is ellipsoid in shape, and contains a whitish secretion, like milk. The fluids that are found in both these bodies come from the same source, namely, the Claustrum, which means “barrier” or “cloister,” and is referred to as cloister for the very good reason that a precious and holy thing is secreted or secluded there. Saint Claus, or Santa Claus, is another term for this precious fluid, which is indeed a holy gift in the body of each one of us. The precious fluid which flows down from the Claustrum separates, part going into the Pineal gland and part to the Pituitary body, and these, being special laboratories of the head, differentiate the fluid from the Claustrum, and it takes on the colors above mentioned, and in the Pineal Gland becomes yellow and has electric properties. The Pituitary Body, having the milk-like fluid, has magnetic properties. These two glands are the male and female, the Joseph and Mary of the physical body, and are the parents of the spiritual son born in the solar plexus of each human being, commencing about the age of twelve. This yellow and white material, which is the milk and honey referred to in the Bible, the children of Israel having been given the promise of a return to this land flowing with milk and honey, at last reaches the solar plexus via semi-lunar ganglia (see chart), the Bethlehem of the physical body. In Hebrew, Bethlehem means “house” (Beth) of bread (lehem). “I am the bread of life,” said the allegorical Jesus. In the solar plexus is a thimble-shaped depression a cave or manger, and in this is deposited the psycho- physical seed, or holy child, born of this immaculate conception. This psycho-physical seed is also called “fish,” as it has the odor of fish and is formed in the midst of the waters, the pure water. “Jesus is a fish in the midst of the waters” St. Augustine. Before birth the human fetus floats, like a fish, in the fluids by which it is surrounded. And as it is with the child formed on the generative plane, so it is with the spiritual child born in the solar-plexus the Bethlehem. Joseph and Mary, by furnishing the material for the spiritual child which was to redeem the child or body formed in generation, paid the symbolical redemption money.” Santos Bonacci via Rohan Kapur
Geometry of Attraction:
The Golden ratio/ Phi (not pictured),The Obelisk, and Vesica Pisces/ Twin Circles/ Portal into this world. These shapes, patterns, and angles are the simple geometrical basis of sexual attraction. Honor and respect this beauty through the human body and other forms of nature.
Honor Women as they are the keepers of the portal into this realm, between being and non-being, spirit and material.
Additional PDF Books on the subject:
Healing Love Through The Tao (Female)
Treatise Of Sexual Alchemy- Samael Aun Weor
Awaken Healing Energy through the Tao
The Tree of Ecstasy Advanced Manual of Sex Magic
The Problem of Purity-Dion Fortune
Lovers and Chi-eaters: The Hidden Truth about Sex & Relationships (Article)
A manual of sex magick (A Llewellyn occult guide)
Adventures In Sex Magick_ Control Your Life With The Power of Lust
Enochian World of Aleister Crowley_ Enochian Sex Magick
Practice of brahmacharya (sexual transmutation)
As said at the end of the first section on Sex Magick: No matter your use of sex, whether for physical pleasure, projection of intention or spiritual development, do not feel shame or guilt. Of course do not harm others in any way (physical, mental or emotional) and remember one person’s empowerment could be another person’s exploitation or vice versa. Respect others choices as long as they are bringing no harm to others.
Like always think for yourself, create your own reality. Use whatever method or pactice that helps you, as long as you are not harming or exploiting others, to become the best version of yourself or any other goals to wish to attain. Always remember sex can liberate or enslave you. You reap what you sow.
1 thought on “Alchemical Sex”
Interestingly interesting information
Comments are closed.